News & Events
- Improving Efficiency and Productivity of Kenya’s Irrigation Schemes by Adopting Irrigation Management Transfer (IMT)
- Learn about maize farming in Kenya and its contribution to food security and the national economy. Discover the various aspects of maize farming, including varieties, planting techniques, nutrient management, pest control, irrigation, harvesting, and marketing. Understand the challenges and opportunities in maize farming and explore its future directions in Kenya
- World Bank grants Kenya US$120m to boost irrigation strategy as many African governments race to end rain-fed agricultural system
- Farmer-led irrigation development (FLID) is not a new phenomenon and has been happening throughout the centuries in all countries where irrigation is practised. Despite this, planners, policy makers, funders, including engineers have generally taken the perception that irrigation development occurs mainly in “irrigation schemes”.
- An oasis in the dryland of Kenya! The case of irrigation as an adaptation strategy among the transitioning pastoralists and agro-pastoralists of Laikipia County, Kenya
- AIAP is the WaterPIP (Water Productivity Improvement In Practice) Service Center for Kenya. AIAP team works closely with Metameta and eLEAF to deliver knowledge products and services designed to improve water productivity of agricultural enterprises, especially irrigation in the country. This initative is funded by the Stichting IHE Delft Institute for Water Education (IHE-Delft) of The Netherlands.